The Send Anywhere Awards
We will send you anywhere to shoot your dream project – all expenses paid.
From the depths of the Amazon to the peaks of the Himalayas, from the American deep South to the Great Barrier Reef. If you’ve always wanted to pursue a project in a far off destination, but haven’t been able to get there, now is your chance!
You are invited to submit examples of your existing work and pitch our panel of judges a new photography project to be shot anywhere in the world.
Send Anywhere, the revolutionary new compression free file transfer system built specifically for photographers, are offering to send you anywhere in the world to shoot your dream project with the Send Anywhere Awards – we’re looking for a project that truly celebrates the spirit of the photographic adventure.
One winner will receive £2000 to travel to your chosen destination and create a new body of work. Once on assignment, you will use Send Anywhere’s innovative file transfer system to instantly share your images and have your new body of work covered in a major online feature with BJP. Five runners-up will also receive coverage from BJP.
The awards are completely free to enter, but you don’t have long! The deadline is October 23rd, 11.59pm (BST). Read on to find out how to enter.
How to Enter
To enter the Send Anywhere Awards, simply use Send Anywhere’s super fast and easy file transfer system to send us your submissions.
Submit using Send Anywhere
- Click the SUBMIT button below to visit the Send Anywhere file transfer page.
- Upload all your images. Filenames must be written as firstname_lastname_number; they should be numbered in the intended viewing order.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org in the “Email to” box.
- Add your email address in the “Your Email” box.
- Fill in the email “Subject” field with: “Send Anywhere Awards Submission – Your Name” (This is essential, please follow this format exactly).
- In the “Message” box, please fill in the following details. If these are not included in your submission, your submission will not qualify:
- Full Name:
- Website/Portfolio URL:
- Twitter URL (if applicable):
- Instagram URL (if applicable):
- Facebook Page URL (if applicable):
- Short artist statement and description of submitted work (max. 200 words):
- Send me to: (Put your chosen destination here)
- I will photograph: (Describe the project you want to shoot in less than 100 words)
- Click “Send” to complete your submission (please make sure that you are sending as an “Email”, not “Link”).
- Please submit between 10 to 20 images.
- This is an open call and as such there is no overall theme or restriction on genre. However, please keep in mind the concept of the competition and submit accordingly.
- Your submission should be a single project/series OR a selection of your strongest stand-alone images. They should showcase the best of your existing work.
- Submitted images can have been shot on film and/or digital.
- The total combined size of your submitted images should not exceed 4GB.
- All images must be submitted as JPEG files and should be at least 1MB in size.
- Filenames must be written as your firstname_lastname_number; they should be numbered in the intended viewing order.
- The competition is free to enter and open to everyone over the age of 18.
- Entrants can be located anywhere in the world.
- Once submitted, you may not amend your entry. Only correctly submitted entries will be considered.
- If you have any questions, please email email@example.com with “Send Anywhere” in the subject line.
Did you submit between September 25 and October 03? Due to an email system error, submissions made between 25 September 2017 and 03 October 2017 were not received and you will need to submit again. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Terms and Conditions
By entering the Send Anywhere Awards (SAA), you agree to:
- Grant British Journal of Photography (BJP) and Send Anywhere (SA) a restricted licence allowing BJP or SA to use your submitted imagery as shareable content on BJP or SA’s own online and social channels only for the promotion of SAA.
- In the event that you are the winner of SAA, grant an unrestricted global perpetual licence allowing BJP or SA to use the new imagery from your completed SAA project on BJP or SA’s own online and social channels and for any other future SA marketing use.
- Our general competition terms and conditions.
The Send Anywhere Award is a Send Anywhere competition – Send Anywhere’s innovative file transfer system allows photographers to instantly share their images no matter where they are, without compression. Please click here for more information on sponsored content funding at British Journal of Photography.