The Intrepid Film Photography Award
The competition is now closed! Winners will be announced shortly.
With film photography making a resurgence we’re celebrating those who are keeping the format alive with the launch of the Intrepid Film Photography Awards. Intrepid Camera Co. is an organisation that is allowing a new generation of photographers to put down their digital cameras and embrace the world of film with their affordable large format cameras.
The Intrepid Film Photography Award will select three winners to receive their very own exclusive BJP engraved limited edition 4×5 camera. Not only that but 50 sheets of film will be provided for each winner to shoot a new body of work, courtesy of Ilford. The three winners will participate in a showcase based on new work created on the Intrepid Camera, at a full-scale group exhibition in London with editorial coverage by the British Journal of Photography.
This is a free to enter competition, and you don’t have long to enter! The deadline is Sunday 11 June (11.59pm BST). So:
The three winners of the competition will receive:
- A 4×5 Intrepid Large-Format Camera
- 50 sheets of black and white film from Ilford
- Editorial coverage and exhibition promotion from British Journal of Photography.
- Participation in a group exhibition in London and with production support by Metro Imaging.
- Please enter your strongest image and 4 accompanying images from your portfolio.
- The accompanying images can be from any project, series or a single image. They should summarise your best and strongest work.
- Images must have been shot on film. They can have been shot in any film format.
- Each submitted image can be a maximum of 1MB in size. All images must be submitted as JPEG files – any files submitted in any other format (including TIFF, PDF, PSD etc) will not be accepted.
- Winners will be contacted for high resolution images.
- The competition is free to enter.
- The competition is open to all over the age of 18.
- The competition is open to all from around the world.
- Once submitted, your entry cannot be altered. Only submitted entries will be viewed by the judges.
- If you’re stuck or have a question, please send an email to: email@example.com
We’ll be sharing our favourite submissions on social media, so make sure to include your social media and contact details when you submit!
Please see the full competition terms and conditions here. The Intrepid Film Photography Award is an Intrepid Camera Co. competition, with promotion and coverage of the winners provided by BJP. Please click here for more information on sponsored content funding at British Journal of Photography.
Thank you to our sponsors, Ilford Photo and Metro Imaging.
ILFORD PHOTO is passionate about film photography. For well over 130 years we have applied this passion, commitment and expertise to manufacture the world’s best choice of black and white film, paper and chemistry. Photographers who choose ILFORD have always demanded the very best. They share our love and appreciation for the traditional art of photography and so we are proud to support this initiative which showcases analogue photographic talent and the quality of traditional film photography.
Metro has always been at the forefront of photography because it has kept inspiration at the heart of everything it does. We are never happier than when we are developing ideas and breaking new ground. That all sounds very expansive and grand – we aren’t so busy gazing into the horizon that we don’t recognise the importance of professionalism. The quality of our work reflects how much we love what we do and the pride we take in getting it just right for every customer. From printing and framing to scanning and retouch; our expert staff and services will help you get the best from your photography.